Register now: "How to build a biobank" Course
LAST CHANCE FOR REGISTRATION - Only a few places left!
Course "How to build a biobank" by the BBMRI.at partner Biobank Graz
This interactive 2-day-course has been designed for all those who are involved in setting up a new biobank, who look to collaborate with a biobank or research institute, who face the challenges of a growing biobank or who try to overcome the challenges of maintaining a large biobank. The format of this course is a mixture of presentations and discussion sessions allowing participants to learn from the expert advice and the specific experience of their peers. Bring your questions with you for discussion!
- Deliver the theoretical, operating and hands-on comprehensive knowledge essential to enable the activities of current and emerging biobanks.
- Transfer best practice principles for biobank personnel, investigators, clinicians and interested personnel.
- Encourage exchange of knowledge and skills across different biobanking activities from biospecimen preservation and storage to science and research.
- Enhance research quality in and public awareness of biobanks.
- Definitions and types of biobanking, what and how
- Governance types and possibilities
- Biobanking ethics, privacy, informed consent and data security
- Design and services of a biobank
- Cost calculation and funding
- Quality management and process improvement
- Sample collection and processing (Fluid and Tissue)
- Sample storage and retrieval
- Biobank data systems and records management
Teaching method: 65 % lecture and 35 % interactive
Date: 23.01. – 24.01.2020