Web Content Display Web Content Display
What is BBMRI.at?
- the "Austrian Biobanking and BioMolecular resources Research Infrastructure"
- and is the Austrian national node of a large European network for biobanks, the BBMRI -ERIC (BBMRI European Research Infrastructures Consortium). This network aims to increase the cooperation between biobanks of the project member states.
One of the central interests for BBMRI.at is the adoption and harmonisation of existing biobanks for national as well as international research with the aim to ensure comparable data. This will support further bio-medical research that might benefit the health care system and also enable cooperation with industrial partners. In doing so, public expectations as well as legal and ethical conditions will be embedded.
The national network of BBMRI.at is mainly composed of public Austrian universities:
- the Medical University of Graz
- the Medical University of Innsbruck
- the Medical University of Vienna
- the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna
- the Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg
- the Medical Faculty of the Johannes Kepler University Linz
- the University of Vienna
- the Alpen Adria University Klagenfurt,
BBMRI.at is funded by the BMBWF, the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy.
Asset Publisher Asset Publisher
SAVE THE DATE “Austrian Cohort Research Days” 25+26 Apr 2023
– eine Aktivität der 'Austrian Cohort Initiative'
Colorecatal Cancer EU Project “DIOPTRA” started
with BBMRI.at partner Med Uni Graz on board
Trends in artificial intelligence for biotechnology
Publication by BBMRI.at partner Med Uni Graz (Mar 2023)
What happens in a high-security laboratory?
Ö1 radio interview with BBMRI.at Director Kurt Zatloukal