BBMRI.at Goals and Key Activities
The work programme will focus on the following topics:
- Establishment of the Austrian national node BBMRI.at and representation in the European biobanking infrastructure BBMRI-ERIC management committee according to the statutes and business plan of BBMRI-ERIC;
- Harmonization of procedures within BBMRI.at to integrate existing biobanks into a national research infrastructure;
- Harmonization of BBMRI.at procedures with BBMRI-ERIC to increase international visibility and the role of Austrian biobanks and related research;
- Further development of the Austrian strengths in health care integrated biobanking to become a leading partner for academic and industrial research;
- Embedding BBMRI.at into the societal framework by relating BBMRI.at to societal expectations and ethical/legal requirements.
The key activities of BBMRI.at are:
- Standardization and harmonization of sample management
- Standardization and harmonization of data management and the biobanking catalogue
- Harmonisation of quality management
- ELSI and public engagement
- Impact on academic research
- Impact on translational research and innovation
- Coordination of the national network and operation of the national node BBMRI.at
The key activities are led by work package leaders (see GOVERNANCE).
New publication by BBMRI.at
Sports medicine: Blood results help to predict fitness improvements in older marathon runners - May 2017
International Biobanking Experts at BBMRI.at Course in Graz
Successful course on how to improve the quality of biobank samples held 8-10 Feb, 2017. Erfolgreicher Kurs zum Thema "Höchste Probenqualität"; 8.-10. Feb., 2017.