BBMRI.at Goals and Key Activities
The work programme will focus on the following topics:
- Establishment of the Austrian national node BBMRI.at and representation in the European biobanking infrastructure BBMRI-ERIC management committee according to the statutes and business plan of BBMRI-ERIC;
- Harmonization of procedures within BBMRI.at to integrate existing biobanks into a national research infrastructure;
- Harmonization of BBMRI.at procedures with BBMRI-ERIC to increase international visibility and the role of Austrian biobanks and related research;
- Further development of the Austrian strengths in health care integrated biobanking to become a leading partner for academic and industrial research;
- Embedding BBMRI.at into the societal framework by relating BBMRI.at to societal expectations and ethical/legal requirements.
The key activities of BBMRI.at are:
- Standardization and harmonization of sample management
- Standardization and harmonization of data management and the biobanking catalogue
- Harmonisation of quality management
- ELSI and public engagement
- Impact on academic research
- Impact on translational research and innovation
- Coordination of the national network and operation of the national node BBMRI.at
The key activities are led by work package leaders (see GOVERNANCE).
International Biobanking Experts at BBMRI.at Course in Graz
Successful course on how to improve the quality of biobank samples held 8-10 Feb, 2017. Erfolgreicher Kurs zum Thema höchste Probenqualität; 8.-10. Feb., 2017.
BBMRI.at drives standardisation of pre-analytics in SPIDIA4P
As member of SPIDIA4P it develops new CEN/TS and ISO Standards